from the kitchen of Engrid Winslow
Roasted Winter Vegetables
Even though your garden is sleeping, you can still enjoy this seasonal recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425
- Dice or chop equal amounts of the following:
Beets (chop a bit smaller because they take longer to reach doneness)
- Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet large enough that they roast instead of steaming. Toss with some olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 30-45 minutes, stirring at least once.
- Substitute or add other vegetables such as carrots, Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, turnips, sweet potatoes, kabocha, acorn, delicata or other winter squash.
- Drizzle with balsamic before serving.
- Add pumpkin seeds during last 20 minutes of roasting.
- Add dabs of goat cheese while still warm but not too hot.
- Add fresh sprigs of thyme or rosemary